The Road Less Traveled

A JOURNEY OF 1000 MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...

Friday, January 10, 2014

Do Not RESIST This Technique!




My Alter Art Magazine post today is about Double Resist!  I used Glossy Paper (triangle image) and regular tag for the bottom half.

For the top triangle I used Ranger Archival in a blue color then used a brayer and  covered it with Adirondack dye ink.  The Archival ink is permanent so acts like a resist.

For the bottom I used Archival Green ink and then brayered with blue dye ink.   The different surfaces make different effects.

Wire, beads, charms, and fibers used to decorate and finish the tag.

Most resists use a product like Ranger Resist, which I love but I was experimenting one day and love the effects with Ranger's Archival and Adirondack dye ink.

Using different papers and shapes gives contrast to the art.

Check out the Altered Arts Magazine website to find lots of ideas, products, and information on an e-subscription, or hard copy subscription.

Crea8tivelea Yours - Lea

1 comment: