The Road Less Traveled

A JOURNEY OF 1000 MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...

Monday, May 13, 2013

Viva Las VegaStamps DT Try Out

It's time again to reapply for the Viva Las VegaStamps Design Team.  I have had the wonderful opportunity to design on this totally wonderful team!!  It's heading towards 3 years now!

It was back in 1991, when VLVS opened, that I started my obessive collecting of all sorts of images.  Mostly funny, crazy images, but I love nature and quotes.  DeeDee is our fearless leader and Marketing Director for Viva Las VegaStamps and all the new changes has only enhanced a GrEaT company!!!

I have a passion for these images, and I feel like a part of a creative family.  It is one of the best teams I have been on!  I also have been fortunate to have random graphic images made into stamps.  This is also a passion of mine.

Take away art, music, and VLVS and I will be LOST!!!

Here are my entries for the team:

This is a project I created for Valentine's Day.  I like to recycle and use items I find at 70% + off.  This bucket was from Christmas, but the colors lends itself to Valentine's.  I adore the heart group stamp from VLVS - you can use whole, but you can also cut it a part.  I did both for this project.  The Valentine's Day words are also VLVS.


The Blast From the Past Blog Hop was too much fun!!!  We were sent a "mystery" image and created an art piece to show what's old is new and what's new can be old!  Love this image!!!  Adding watercolors, puff paint, and wood words creates texture, dimension, and shading to the image.  VLVS has thousands of stamp images to fit anyone's mood, style of art, or any image for any occasion.


This altered book page is near and dear to my heart.  I adore the apocalypse images and they go together with other bio and hazard images.  The Crime Scene Tape is to die for!!!  The brick background made me so happy!  It worked on this page so well.  Of course I love the chains, the chain is one of my images made into a stamp.  I used to do art like this all the time, but to actually get back to my roots, and make a statement I believe in is so wonderful!!!

OK, my last piece of art.....oh wait!!!  I can't show you it!  It will be a part of the collaboration week with Helmar and Viva Las VegaStamps!!!  Be sure to check the blog on May 20-25 to see the whole DT's designs!

 
I thank Wayne, DeeDee, and Jeff for the opportunity to design for VLVS.  It has been a extreme pleasure, and hope it will continue!!!

Cre8tiveLea Yours - Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment