The Road Less Traveled

A JOURNEY OF 1000 MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sakura Fantasy Blog Hop - Travelocity is Pure Imagination!

 
 
 
I love fairies, gnomes, and any mystical, magical being.  Several techniques were utilized to create this art piece.  I not only used 3D Crystal Lacquer, I used TS Mixers in many ways.  In addition, images are from Viva Las VegaStamps.

A large tag was used.  I did DTP (Direct To Paper) on the tag with a rust ink, and staw ink.  I then used a mop brush (cosmetic blush brush ok) and tapped TS Mixers in purple on top.  I blew off the excess.  Be Sure to use PIGMENT INK, as that has a longer open wet time and the TS Mixers stick to it. 

The dots of colors shimmer - that's the TS Mixers!  The hexagon is a stamp and I stamped those in a deep purple then brushed more TS Mixers on top.  I used a pink color by the tag hole.

Here is a close up of the Hexagons close up.  If you noticed, the stamping is layered.  The hexagons were stamped after the TS Mixers added over DTP.  then birds stamped, and words "pure imagination."  Gel pens were used to add design edge, and the edges of the tag were randomly distressed to look a little ripped and worn. May Arts Ribbon was spray dyed to match. 

The gnome, mushroom, and grass was stamped on separate cardstock.  The images were colored first with Copics, then 3D Crystal Lacquer was added to the hat, belt, pants, button, and parts of the mushroom.  It really pops out when dried.  (Image doesn't show how much it pops out.)

On the bottom on the grass (which is extended into the background), I made my own TS Mixers watercolors!  The ratio is 2 parts TS Mixer, 1 part Gum Arabic (I use powdered form), and slowly add water to create a creamy consistency.  Leftovers can be dried in a palette and popped out for further future use.  A copper and green color were used to make 2 separate cakes of watercolors that shimmer.  Unfortunately, the camera can't pick up the shimmer, but it is glorious!!  A charm dragonfly was glued last.

The whole piece shimmers, and shines--- magic appears everywhere!!!

WIN 2 bottles of 3D Crystal Lacquer!!!  Comment on everyone's blog, and go to the Sakura's blog and vote on a project that was your favorite!
Check out the other Fab art on this blog hop!!! 






Cre8tiveLea Yours - Lea

19 comments:

  1. Lea, I really like the many techniques you used. I too love gnomes. This would be a great tag for a gardener. Oh hey, I'm a gardener, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great techniques ! love the gnome !! I would love to make these !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag has many GREAT techniques - THANKS for sharing Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, who doesn't love Gnomes, fairies, hobbits, and garden fantasies! Your gnome tag is fabulous and I have enjoyed blog hopping with this group!

    Thanks for the materials and instructions, I will google plus also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea! Thanks! Love making tags, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool, thanks for sharing with us. Wowsa is all I can say.

    chris@iwooten.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice tag. love the hexagons. makes it look nice. i like the travelocity commercial. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project - love the different techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like how you did the tag background !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creation is beautiful I love gnomes thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tag.. love the colors and all the stamps you used!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This came out so cute- I love the little gnome. Great project! Makes me want that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gnomes are so fun! I really like this sweet tag! He is very cute! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete