The Road Less Traveled

A JOURNEY OF 1000 MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...

Monday, January 14, 2013

Valentines Favorite

Here is a design I just created for Viva Las VegaStamps!   In creating this design, I decided to go mixed media with using stamp images and collage.  If you go to VLVS BLOG, you can see the details with this art.

This is a budget project because I bought the gift bucket on clearance as it was for Christmas.  The red and white stripes matched perfectly for Valentines Day!  Also, the collage work is done on a laminate chip you can get at a home improvement store.  This beautiful gift holder didn't cost more than like $1.50 to create!!!!

If you go to the VLVS blog, you can see the image of the heart background I ADORE!!!!  It has mostly outline hearts, but 2 solid hearts and they can be cut a part as you can see.

The laminate chip is created by using USArtquest's Duo Adhesive with mica powder as well as MicaColor Watercolors.  A free and fun way to design a background, other than sprays that are popular.

Another card...you saw below on my blog, the baby angel does not like the icky smoochy stuff of the holiday!

Fun layout using the hearts background for the little heart, embossed letters, Glue dots and the cutest dog by Viva Las VegaStamps!  I enhanced the paper with Copics to add my own color and with rub ons.

More Valentines to come...on the 27th I have an little bit off color but hysterical card for VLVS.

Also Jan. 25th is the Blast from the Past Blog Hop!!!  I really love designing with the stamp I was sent to create with!  You will ADORE and be Inspired by the designs!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment