The Road Less Traveled

A JOURNEY OF 1000 MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...

Friday, January 25, 2013

Blast From The Past Blog Hop


Let's remember some great stamp images!!!  Viva Las Vegastamps has SO many stamp images, you might just miss a good one.  This blog hop is dedicated to some great stamp images and some inspiration!!!




This image reminds me of the movie "Rebel Without A Cause."  There is a drag race in it and Natalie Wood flags the race to start.  This also reminds me of the independence and freedom women have now.  Back in the 1960's and earlier, if a husband divorced his wife; his wife was left with nothing!  Even if a woman went to college before marrying, after so many years of devoting her life to her family, she is left without  outside skills.

I love the words, "Behind Every Successful Woman is Herself."  Says everything that needs to be said and fits with this image.

The Lady On Motor Scooter works well with what I was trying to convey.  Sometimes I just play with my stamp images, and sometimes I like to create from a message I feel.

I painted a part decorated paper, adding stripes and borders.  I also painted the sun and the open circles using MicaColor watercolor paints by USArtquest. Also wood letters aged and adhered with Glue Dots.  Miracle Tape was used for everything else.

I wanted to add extra dimension and texture other than the wood letters, so I used Puff Paint (Liquid Applique' can also be used) to create a bumpy faux fur coat.


 -

-

Follow along to the other blogs and see some incredible art and ideas with some Cool Stamp Images from Viva Las Vegastamps!!!

Cre8tively Yours, Lea

24 comments:

  1. This might be me - short hair and a motorroller...great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card, I love what you did with her coat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never would've thought to use puff paint for the jacket.
    Cool -- I Love texture & 3D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card and I LOVE that saying too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like her coat too. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous piece! Love the use of puff paint on her coat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool piece!! LOVE the texture of her coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation and I Love that "fur"coat very much too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As an animal rights kind of gal just love the fur coat. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this lady and the Journey title element.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so cool! Love the puff paint!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the texture on her coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! Her coat is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh my! I might have to add her to my wish list! Love how you used her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a secret desire to own a vespa, so I love this stamp. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative... love the texture on the coat, puff paint is on the back shelf in my house. May have to pull it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Lea! I love the texture on the coat! Puff Paint is so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Love the puff paint!

    ReplyDelete