The Road Less Traveled

A JOURNEY OF 1000 MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Published in Steampunk Vol. 2

I
 
 
 

My schedule didn't allow me to participate in Steampunk Vol. 1, so this time around, I made sure I submitted some art!!!  These 2 were among my favorites - I adore Sherlock Holmes.  YES he's Viva Las Vegastamps!  All the stamp images are.  If you can read the subtext, I had a story in mind as I made these.  The original art is posted on VLVS' blog

Congrats to my fellow Design Team Members who also submitted to this round of Steampunk Magazine.  Wonderful talents are included.  In addition, I was blown away by all the jewelry and altered art!  It inspired me, gave me ideas, and impressed me greatly.

                         This is the original photo without the filters to make his skin darker .
 
This series of magazines are special editions put out by Scott Publications.  Back in the 90's and early 2000's, I had several art works and articles published by their then named magazine: Stamping Arts and Crafts.  Their publication name changed to include scrapbooking as it became prevalent.  The publication is now Scrapping and Stamping Arts.  I have an article coming up in January, and was also asked to contribute more art/articles for publication.  Yahoo.  If I can give some ideas or help someone then being published is worth it!
 
I've been published in many of the Stampington magazines of all types (Somerset Studio's , Stamper's Sampler, Somerset Memories, Somerset Digital...) but I really like Scrapping and Stamping Arts.  Fits the masses of all genre's of art from cute, scrapping, altered art, JUST CARDS, and mixed media.
 

There are some fun things coming up with VLVS including a special Christmas Ideas blog week at the end of November.  Ideas and plenty of time to create for Christmas presents. I have some altered art which will be showcased during that time.



No comments:

Post a Comment