The Road Less Traveled

A JOURNEY OF 1000 MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Halloween Blog Hop Day 3- Poisoned Mind

Does genius come from an alcohol and drugged up mind???  Maybe in this case, I guess you could say it is true.  Fueled with cocaine, Laudanum, alcohol, Poe wrote his fantasies and visions.  Macrbe statements written before Stephen King!

Glue Dots helped to create a totally dimensional piece.  The bottle, poison tag, and crow are lifted off the art as though they were real.

 

 
VLVS images:
 
 
Miracle Tape - for frame and flat surfaces
 
Glue Dots were used to elevate the Raven, Sugar of Lead and Poison Bottle.
 
Use a frame for backdrop - any frame will do or cut your own. 
 
All images stamped, colored, and cut out.  Follow assembly per photos. 
A plastic, die cut frame was used around Poe.  The Sugar of Lead is mounted on black cardstock for contrast.
 
"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door
Only this, and nothing more
."  
 
But the Raven still beguiling all my fancy into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;
Then upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."
 
Watch out this Hallow's Eve, even too much candy can make you sick and give you weird dreams!
 
Blog Hop Challenge: Go to VLVS Website and then return to all the blogs and comment something you learned while at the site.
 
Cre8tiveLea Yours - Lea
 
 


19 comments:

  1. Love those stamps. You used them so well...I love the variations of these stamps. We could never run out of ideas. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Love how bright the colors are.

    Smiles~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me bright colors are my fav. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Very cool and I love the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vibrant colors and stamps used on this piece! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete