The Road Less Traveled

A JOURNEY OF 1000 MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Halloween Blog Hop Day 2 - Frankie


On my short list of fav VLVS images, Frankie has got to be one of my most favorites!!!  A mix of a Distressed Ink background and a little distressing right on Frankie, helps create a gruesome scene.  I am very much enamored of the Cemetary stamp image, it works for so many Halloween creations!

Once again, the cememtary - which is a fav of my new stamps, and the flock of bats complete the tag!

VLVS images:
18907 - Cemetary: New plate 1433
18909 - Flock of Bats:  New plate 1429
5842 - Frankenstein's Bolts

Miracle Tape

Background:  Easy, favorite technique with Distressed Inks.  On a craft sheet, swipe a yellow and orange color on the surface (Dye inks work as well).  Spritz a mister in the air just above the craft sheet. 

Place tag face down onto craft sheet, twisting and turning to pick up ink color.  If a spot is missed, push it back into the ink to cover it.

Once dried, a sponge was used to add a little purple ink to the background.

Cemetary and bats:  Used permanet purple ink to stamp images.  Gellly roll pen in purple highlights a few spots on the tombstones.

Frankenstein:  Stamp in purple permanent ink, color green with Copics, cut out, and adhere with Miracle Tape.

Add a bat brad over the tag hole.

This is an alternative to an ATC card, easy to create a lot to give!  Frankie looks like he is so close to you that he is ready to get you!!!  The new Halloween plates give me images that are perfect to create a backdrop!

This is only day 2!  More spooky ideas to come!

*****Win  this Frankie image!!!  Comment below what you like about Frankie and I will be randomly drawing a winner after the blog hop.  This is my own personal contribution to the hop with my stamp after ordering the new Halloween Plate 827.*******

To win the plate of stamps as part of the regular blog hop contest - create your own spooky art with VLVS Halloween Images and link up by the 28th!!!!

Cre8tiveLea Yours - Lea












19 comments:

  1. Lea - this FABULOUS tag screams "Monster Mash"!! I love "FRANKIE" and how he looks in my favorite color PURPLE on bright green - the new modern Halloween colors. He would make a fun addition to my Halloween stash of VLVS images. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome tag! I have Frankie too! and used him this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Lea! Love all the bright vibrant colors... First looked at the title -- went to school with a guy named Frankie -- thought maybe you took his pic and morphed it ... well he kind of looked like the one above.... LOL Naw, just kiddin. Awsome work as usual Lea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, gotta love your sense of humor. Uh I know so many Nancy's, I think I know which one this is by the humor. You are in the running for Frankie so if you win, you can remember your school mate Forever...forever...forever...

      Delete
  4. Super tag! And what a great giveaway!!! I can't wait to get my own Frankie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Frankenstein looks AMAZING in purple and green!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brothers name is Frank and I have always called him Frankie! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As you can tell I adore color!

      Delete
  7. Love your tag with Frankie! He is so cute with a green face! Your using my favorite color too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great scene... the colors are perfect... I love Frankie... I know I have one in my vast collection... maybe not that one! Now I have to find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To all my DT members: Thanks for all the lovely posts, I am loving this blog hop!! I am so inspired by all your Halloween art.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful tag! Love Frankie's green face. Cool.

    Smiles~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frankdiculous...love it..Frankinsteinimus..

    ReplyDelete